Friday, June 12, 2015

Another Group of Famous Movie Characters

I've decided to participate in the Salt Lake Comic Con coming up in September 2015. I had a lot of fun working on some fan art last year and caught the bug - I can't stop! As a children's book illustrator I never have ever really felt the appreciation from my audience. How many 5 year olds even understand what an illustrator is? Don't get me wrong - it's really fun to watch children enjoying my books or read letters from parents and teachers about how their class enjoyed my books. But what I'm talking about is a person to person connection. Instead of, "I'm buying this for my kid, class, grandchild, or nephew." I want to connect with the person that's buying for themselves - and I've really not experienced this in my career.

After having attended a few cons and talking with many of my friends who have sold at cons and reading articles about selling at cons - I think I know enough to get into trouble :)

I'll be recording my progress on my youtube channel and posting the videos here - stay tuned!

Here's my second print and you can see the rest of my work at http://society6.com/willterryart


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free...